There’s only one choice for your home
How the system works
The Reclaim Energy CO2 Heat Pump Hot Water System consists of a heat pump (compressor) and a storage tank (stainless steel or glass lined). The system’s heat exchange collects heat from the air surrounding the unit to use as energy to heat up a pressurised refrigerant, which is ozone friendly CO2. The unit can supply in excess of five units of heat energy from ambient air for every unit of electricity it consumes, meaning the cost of energy used to produce hot water is minimised. The CO2 Heat Pump has excellent cold weather performance characteristics, meaning there is no need for a boosting element to supplement heating for the unit.
Massive power savings
Standard electric hot water
Reclaim Energy Heat Pump
Combining the system with your PV system (Solar Power System) only enhances the reduction in energy consumption and costs. The Reclaim Energy CO2 Heat Pump with an average of 3 kWh electric input for a 315 L hot water delivery (i.e. as opposed to 15 kWh electric input requirement of electric element tanks for 315 L hot water delivery) is like having a virtual battery for your home. It is designed to consume excess PV during peak sun hours to maximise savings and take advantage of the energy already created rather than exporting it back to the grid.
A Smart Controller puts the control in your hands and ensures that the Reclaim Energy CO2 Heat Pump Hot Water System provides a highly efficient, low operating cost hot water solution. The controller allows the customisation of how and when the hot water system works.
- 4 pre-set options including PV operational window (i.e. 10 am-4 pm) together with an option 5 with two operational windows allows you to minimise and match your hot water production with your consumption and minimising your hot water costs
- Single shot boost – providing all the hot water needed on demand
- Off peak management ensures running costs are kept to a minimum
- Continuous hot water with a set and forget feature
The Reclaim Energy CO2 Heat Pump Hot Water System Advantages
The Reclaim Energy CO2 Heat Pump Hot Water System caters for all Australian conditions with Stainless Steel and Glass Lined Enamel storage tanks available.
- Available in two variations – Tall and Squat
- Suitable for all non-high mineral, or bore water applications
Glass Lined Enamel
- Suitable for all water types, including high mineral and bore water
- Enamel coated, so no matter where you live it will suit your needs
Smart external controller
The controller has 5 pre-set control options that allow you to customise your hot water management at the touch of a button. Choose to optimise your PV generation, or for households without PV, set the unit to operate on the cheapest tariffs to ensure the household energy budget is controlled. The single shot boost feature guarantees that no matter what option is chosen, you will never be without hot water.
Smart Controller Options:
In all options, the heat pump turn-on is based on 59C temperature on the tank thermistor for the first cycle of day (i.e. if temperature less than 59C, turn on the heat pump to reach 59C- to meet the legionella requirement daily) and the second cycle turn on temperature is 37 C. In all options, the heat pump can run less or more than the operation window when/if the set point temperature of 59C is reached.
- Option 1 – a default mode that runs the system 24/7, turning on and off through the tank thermistor.
- Option 2 – Off Peak 1 Mode commences at 2200 hours (10pm) and remains active for 9 hours.
- Option 3 – Off Peak 2 Mode commences at 1200 hours (12pm) and remains active for 6 hours.
- Option 4 – a preset mode for customers with PV systems. The system will receive power from the time of day that the PV system is producing power the most. 10am for a period of 6 hours, or until System has reached 59C. The PV system creates power and feeds the CO2 Heat Pump to heat the water for free, instead of going back into the grid.
- Option 5 – allows the setting of two operational windows based on custom requirements.
The Reclaim Energy CO2 Heat Pump Hot Water System is the perfect hot water solution
Here’s why …
- Average annual energy savings of up to 80% for hot water heating
- Average daily consumption of 3 kWh electric energy for 315L hot water delivery
- Top-down heating and fast hot water production: 110 L/hr
- Up to 6 years warranty on heat pump and 15 years warranty on tank**
- Save even more with Rebates
- Quietest system on the market with an average noise level of 37dB
- Ozone friendly CO2 refrigerant
- Built-in frost control operation
- Built in legionella control operation
- Smart top down heating mechanism for faster hot water access and recovery
- Superb cold weather performance
* Estimates based on results of field trials carried out in Australia across 2018. Energy usage per household will vary based on individual requirements and location.
** Reclaim Energy Stainless Steel Tanks come with a 15-year warranty.
Energy and Cost Savings – a real life example from VIC, Australia
A 315 litre electric hot water tank was replaced by a Reclaim Energy CO2 Heat Pump.
Solar Analytics was already in place so that real data was available for usage before and after the Reclaim Energy CO2 Heat Pump installation.
Daily power consumption was reduced by over 80%:
- Before Heat Pump installation: 14-20kWh/day
- After Heat Pump installation: 2-4kWh/day
While the previous system installed was an electric element water heater, a comparative cost and performance analysis includes a wide variety of hot water systems.
Annual running costs were reduced by 80%:
- Before Heat Pump installation: $1,800 per year electricity bill
- After Heat Pump installation: $350 per year electricity bill
- A reduction of $1,450 per year
Payback for the Reclaim Energy CO2 Heat Pump would range from 2 to 3 years, depending on the current electric system cost and electricity prices.
My neighbor has a Reclaim Hot Water Heat Pump and I was pretty happy with what the savings he got from off his energy bill as it’s over halved, here in Queensland it’s ideal to have one aswell as it’s a good fit down the side of the house. Peter
It was time to upgrade our hot water system due to it was 8 years old and we didn’t want to go through another winter worrying if it would break down so our plumber recommended a Reclaim Energy Hot Water Heat Pump due to it will save us money and the government rebate is fantastic, we are very happy with the system.
Great thermal output, whisper quiet and it saves us money!
We are a family of 5, so you can imagine how massive our ultility bills can get up to – now I don’t worry so much when the electricity bill comes through.
The Reclaim CO2 heat pump is awesome – thanks to the Australians that designed it!
I did my research and found that the Reclaim Hot Water Heat Pump is the way to go due to the features the controller has and how energy efficient the heat pump is and after I worked out the savings this is the system I need to save me on my hot water bills.
I live in a Melbourne inner suburb and found it’s only 37db which is so quiet and changing from gas is the best thing I have done.
We picked this heat pump to replace an aging; and expensive to run, LPG HWS. It’s amazing how much and how fast this unit puts hot water out, we have big spa baths in a 4 person household and have never had the unit go cold (which a similar sized LPG system would often do). The heat exchanger & fan are ridiculously quiet, it’s installed right outside a bedroom and you can’t hear it with the windows open. If only we could direct that cool air coming off it into a room in the summer
The Reclaim was installed 6 months ago to replace an existing Edwards Solar system (very old). It will be connected to PV when they are installed. Whisper quiet running, quick heat recharge and no complaints from the two users.
The demand for hot water is good we have not run out of hot water since we have had the system installed and there is at least for to five people showering every day and not short showers either as far as heat goes the people that installed the system set the meter
We’ve had ours for a few weeks and love it! The water is hot, it doesn’t take long to heat up, there’s plenty of it and the fan is quiet.
Water supply quality
Water quality is an important aspect that can influence the systems operations and functionality. For the system to be warranted the water used in the system must meet the requirements outlined in the table.
If you have doubts regarding water quality please contact your local water authority or have a water test completed. In areas of poor water quality all major components will have a reduced life due to the hardness of the water. In areas with “hard water” (>200 mg/L or ppm), a water softening device must be installed to ensure the long term efficient operation of the system is met. Note that the Reclaim Energy glass-lined tank has a sacrificial anode to protect the vessel from corrosion. The glass line tank warranty is linked to an anode inspection that must be carried out every three (3) years.
|Total Dissolved Solids||< 600 mg/L or ppm|
|Total Hardness (CaCO3)||< 200 mg/L or ppm|
|Electrical Conductivity||850 µS/cm|
|Chloride||< 300 mg/L or ppm|
|pH Level||Min 6.5 to Max. 8.5|
|Magnesium||< 10 mg/L or ppm|
|Sodium||< 150 mg/L or ppm|
|Iron||< 1mg/L or ppm|
|Alkalinity (as CaCO3)||< 200 mg/L or ppm|
|Dissolved (free) CO2||< 25 mg/L or ppm|